Pinot Grigio Berry Sangria Recipe
By: Sarah Collins
I got a lot of feedback following my last sangria recipe and it seems like everyone’s interested in seeing a few more similar drink options. Sangria is perfect for sharing with friends as it’s easily scaled up for groups. It’s also ideal for beating the summer heat, since you can store it cold and serve over ice. With this in mind I wanted to share another recipe, this time with a sweet white wine.
This is also a great option for anyone on a budget! As you can see I chose to use the pinot grigio California Roots blend, which rung in at a whopping $5 (S/O to Target). So, for those times in between paychecks when you’re definitely feeling the twenty-something struggle, this is the fancy drink for you.
You’ll want to plan ahead on this one, because it’s best after sitting in the fridge over night. This allows the berries to marinate and the true sweetness to take hold.
Pinot Grigio Berry Sangria
- Bottle of pinot grigio
- ½ cup raspberry vodka
- ¼ cup sugar
- 18 oz. frozen berries
- 1 lime
- Lime soda water of your choice (I used Soleil)
- Combine the raspberry vodka, frozen berries and sugar, stir until sugar begins to dissolve
- Slice lime and place in the mixture
- Pour in the bottle of pinot grigio and place in the fridge overnight
- Stir and serve the next day, topping off each with lime soda water for extra fizz