How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) Drinking Game
By: Sarah Collins
Happy Christmas season friends!
I am personally one of those awful folk who set up their Christmas tree the day after Halloween and play my favorite holiday tunes well in advance, but I also understand that the majority of the country properly waits until the day after thanksgiving to let their Christmas spirit ring. Well now that it’s finally acceptable to be festive – I’m excited to bring you the first Twenty Something and Tipsy Christmas movie drinking game of the season!
The 2000 version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas starring Jim Carrey is an absolute classic for my family and I. It’s funny and appropriately inappropriate in a way that will have laughing way more than many other more serious holiday films.
If you’d like to play along follow the rules outlined below or in the graphic to the left.
Take a drink every time:
- “Grinch” or “Christmas” is said
- The Grinch pulls off a mischievous prank or something evil
- Max and the Grinch have a conversation
- Someone starts to sing
- Mayor Augustus Maywho does something that makes you want to punch him in the face
- Cindy Lou Who and the Grinch share a moment
Finish your drink when:
- The Grinch’s heart grows three sizes
And as always, please remember to drink responsibly!